As someone once said, “Writer’s block is what gets the housework done.”
I often fall prey to the thinking that if I could only rearrange my personal workspace to be more perfect, then I would be more productive. In real life, the most productive phases of my work are more likely to be associated with utter chaos on my desk – like today.
What the picture below does not show are the two other empty coffee cups and the two empty Powerade® bottles, an assortment of neckerchiefs, several books, more sticky labels, an empty wine glass, two egg timers, a letter opener and some pirate stickers. Nevertheless, in the spirit of “Desks of the Rich and Famous: Workspaces of Highly Creative People“, here is a small corner of my universe:
- Spring Clean Your Cubicle! (thedailymuse.com)
- 6 Things You’ll Need to Start Working From Home (everydayfamily.com)
- Getting the Point Across (the practicality and aesthetics of reading wands)
- Freelancing: A Time Management System that Works for Me (an insight into my pin-board technique, if you are interested)
- How to make Cowboy Coffee (me explaining how it is done on YouTube)