A writer’s task is to add value and bring clarity and quality to the rising tides of information we all have to manage in an age when the written word multiplies exponentially.
As a writer and editor, I am ready to put the full force of my skills, expertise and experience behind your project. Perhaps we can help each other.
I offer a range of tailored services, and the following are particularly popular with my clients:
- Academic editing – I can help you to prepare academic submissions for publication and have provided editorial support for dozens of theses at Masters and PHD levels. I specialise in assisting non-native English authors.
- Copy editing technical and business documents – I review policy papers, proposals and briefings for corporate clients, giving them the ‘plain English’ treatment and editing out ambiguity.
- Writing coaching – I deliver tailored workshops or one-to-one sessions on written communication, from the nuts and bolts of grammar to the more subtle elements of style.
- Press releases – I can find the angle and pitch a story for a media audience.
- Briefings – I can research and prepare accurate and engaging reports according to your needs.
- Storytelling and communications consultancy – I help people to tell their story and accompany them on the journey from an idea and a blank sheet of paper to a published piece.
- Writing for performance – I write scripts, speeches and presentations for a range of settings.
- Editorial support for authors – I can help you prepare your manuscript for publication, whether it needs a final polish or some deep reworking.
- Truth – Words can be used to dissemble, cover up and spin, but in my writing I have a commitment to honesty and accuracy.
- Integrity – Another assignment is not “just another job”; it is an opportunity to strike a blow on behalf of good copy. I believe in this, passionately.
- Generosity – I believe that co-operation rather than competition is a better way to operate in business and in life. I look to form relationships that are about passion, shared goals and mutual appreciation, rather than merely profit and self promotion.
I have over five years experience as a freelancer in a range of professional writing, editing and coaching contexts from writing story books with children to designing content for the UK government website.
I have a BA(Hons) in Anthropology and a diploma in Nursing.
I am a confident and engaging public speaker and I have run workshops on diverse topics from communal drumming, through storytelling, to group facilitation.
My passions include natural health and lifestyles, natural history, foraging, sustainability and green issues, animal welfare, spirituality, jazz and folk music, mental health, current affairs, modern European history and science fiction.
If you think I can help you, please feel free to contact me by email at email@example.com